How do you know which metrics help you succeed?
Vanity metrics is the mind altering drug of choice for many entrepreneurs. The bigger your ego, the more you want it. It makes you feel good.
Who would ever argue with the desire to want to feel good?
Sometimes vanity metrics are a sign of desperation. Other times they are a sign of naivete.
Here are some of the most common ego nurturing meaningless vanity metrics examples:
- Our advertising spend is up 50% this year.
- We have 5000 Facebook likes and 7000 Twitter followers.
- 1 million downloads.
- 10,000 registered users.
- Our sales team makes 2000 phone calls per week.
- We have 5000 products for sale in our store or ecommerce site.
- Our headquarters is in Manhattan/Silicon Valley/London – fill in your dream location that best strokes your ego.
- We have more office space than ever.
- We have doubled the number of employees in the last 24-months.
Latest posts by George Meszaros (see all)
- 22 Must Have Skills to Succeed in Business - September 18, 2020
- Six Ways to Help Your Employees Reach Their Full Potential - September 17, 2020
- 3 Super Accounting Tips For Small Businesses - September 17, 2020