Want to improve your marketing?
Entrepreneurs often waste their time on the wrong things like:
- Worrying about vanity metrics.
- Working on an administrative task that could be easily outsourced.
- Spending more money on things that won’t help to grow their business.
- Micromanage employees.
- Putting out fires instead of working on the bigger goals.
- Repeat doing the same things over-and-over instead of creating systems.
- Getting new business cards designed.
- Trying to perfect things. Obsessing over using the right font or the shade of background color on their website.
- Checking Twitter and Facebook more than once a day.
Instead of focusing on what matters little, they should focus on what matters the most.
You can’t blame entrepreneurs for wanting to waste their time on less important things. Improving marketing is hard wasting time is easy.
Another huge mistake entrepreneurs make when starting a business is that they want to hire a “marketing superstar”. Read job posts for marketing people. You can smell the desperation. Instead of hoping for a miracle worker you need a marketing system.