The following is a sponsored post for MOO.com. Thank you MOO.com for sponsoring this Success Harbor post. While this was a sponsored opportunity from MOO.com, all content and opinions expressed here are my own.
With all the new technologies out there business cards continue to be effective sales tools. A business card is one of those small things that could have a huge impact on your business.
Did you know? Business cards date back to 15th century China. They have also been used in Europe as early as the 17th century.
Here is an infographic about the history of business cards:
Recently I’ve got the opportunity to order some of MOO.com’s square business cards. I have seen their unique square design in the past and I always liked their unique shapes. When I looked at their website I liked the uniqueness of their designs. The thing about business cards is that you can’t expect them to tell the whole story about your business, but they can help you stand out a bit more.
Here is what makes an exceptional business card:
- Use a different shape. I really like square business cards because they stand out. In addition to standard size business cards 3.50” x 2.0”, MOO.com offers cards in several other sizes such as 2.56” x 2.56” and 2.75” x 1.10” (also known as MiniCards).
- Focus. Don’t try to cram too much information on your business card. Just because you can fit a lot of content on your card, it doesn’t mean you should. Think of it this way, “What is the most important message you want your card to communicate?”
- Include the essentials. Name, phone and email address are the three most important pieces of information that each business card should have.
- Make it readable. Use larger, easy to read fonts.
- Don’t go crazy with the colors. One or two colors is the best.
Did you know? According to research, sales increase by 3% per 2000 cards handed to prospects.
The process of ordering my business cards on the MOO.com website was surprisingly simple. MOO.com had many square business card designs to select from. Printing and delivery was also super fast, and I loved the end result.
First of all the packaging was really creative. I felt like I just received a gift from someone. See the image of my order below.
I ordered two different designs. I think it helps to have multiple business card designs. If you have multiple target markets, you can create a separate business card for each vertical. I send a handwritten “Thank You Card” to every prospect and I always include a business card. MOO.com can also help you with designing and printing your own postcards.
Here are my own MOO.com business cards (I have used their designs which made the whole process fast and simple.):
In my opinion, the two most important things to do increase your sales with business cards are:
- Always have business cards handy. Anytime you are making a meaningful connection hand out your business card. Remember, that you shouldn’t just hand them out to your prospects. You never know who will refer your business to a prospect.
- Follow up. Too many people hand out a business card and never follow up. A quick follow up is very important. When you follow up reference when and where you have met with the prospect.
My experience with MOO.com is that they offer high-quality business cards with a huge number of ready to use designs. You can customize their designs to fit your own business needs. You can also easily upload your own artwork for a completely custom business card.
Latest posts by George Meszaros (see all)
- 3 Tips to Find the Right Investor for Your Business - January 2, 2019
- How to Survive the Great Recession and Build a $25 Million Business - January 2, 2019
- 5 Worst Business Mistakes You Must Avoid to Succeed - January 2, 2019