This is the story of a young entrepreneur, Jan Koch from Germany, who shares how to start a business.
Jan successfully transitioned from burned out employee and graduate student to living his dream.
The ability to take the first few steps is often what separates those that want to become entrepreneurs from those that actually do.
In this interview we talk about dealing with fear, starting over, outsourcing, tools he uses to run his business, what inspires him and much more.
Let’s learn from Jan about what it takes to make your move:
Here is a list of questions Jan answers in this interview:
- Can you tell me a little about your business background and what you did prior to starting your own business?
- Do you have people in your family that own their own business?
- Do people think similarly of entrepreneurship in Germany to the USA?
- I believe you have started your business on the side while you were still working for a company. How would you describe that experience?
- You had mentioned that in July of 2012 you recognized that your business wasn’t aligned with your goals. Can you talk about that?
- You talked about fears regarding your business about not earning enough money and perhaps some other issues too. What methods did you use to overcome those fears?
- What advice do you have for people that want to transition from their jobs into businesses?
- There were times when you had worked over 65-hours per week. What was that experience like?
- What is your strategy for building a platform or following for your blog?
- Do you outsource anything?
- Who inspires you in business and why?
- What are some tools you couldn’t live without?
- What are some books that had helped you either start or build your business?
- What is your dream future?
About Jan Koch:
Jan Koch is a Restart Strategist, passionate about transitioning from employment to entrepreneurship to restart your life. He built his business on the side and grew it so that it could replace his paycheck. Since then he started Restart Academy and launched a coaching program to help others to build a business on the side. Follow Jan on Facebook or Twitter, and subscribe to his blog at jkoch.me.
Latest posts by George Meszaros (see all)
- 2 Best European Countries for Starting a Business - May 22, 2019
- 9 Ways to Know if a Franchise Business is Right For You - May 21, 2019
- How to Make Millions in The On Demand Print Business - May 19, 2019