Is email marketing dead?
It is really incredible to me how many businesses ignore, misuse or misunderstand email marketing. Email is the oldest marketing tool we have in the Internet age. Thousands of experts, journalists, and other misguided people have declared email marketing dead. I recently got my hands on Matthew Paulson’s book “Email Marketing Demystified.” I was especially interested in Matthew’s new book since he was a guest on the Success Harbor podcast in the past. Matthew has built several successful businesses using email marketing. To be more specific, he has built or partnered in four businesses in the last five years, all of them utilizing email marketing.
- Matthew’s largest business, MarketBeat.com publishes a daily investment newsletter to more than 250,000 subscribers. According to Matthew, the business is on track to generate $2.5 million in revenue this year. $1 million of his revenue is the direct result of email marketing.
- The second business was called Lightning Releases which is a press release writing and distribution service. After generating about $200,000 in 2014, Matthew sold the site to a couple of investors in 2015 to focus on other projects.
- The third business built using email marketing is called GoGo Photo Contest. The site helps animal shelters and humane societies raise money through donate-to-vote photo contest fundraisers.
- The fourth business is a company called USGolfTV, a digital publishing company. Matthew is an investor in the business since 2014. The business was able to grow its email subscriber list from 5,000 to 52,000 in 12-months. The tactics they used to grow their email list is detailed in “Email Marketing Demystified.”
Matthew’s book is packed with nine chapters of email marketing wisdom. My favorite chapter (Chapter Six) is about monetization. Matthew describes six ways to make money with your email list.
I was happy to read Matthew’s book. If you want to find out how email marketing can help you grow your business, check it out, and let me know what you think about it in the comments.
Originally posted 2015-12-02 07:00:00.
Latest posts by George Meszaros (see all)
- Finding Clarity While Blogging From Paradise - September 22, 2019
- How To Build A Multi Million Business On Customer Feedback - September 22, 2019
- How To Raise $300,000 Through Crowdfunding - September 21, 2019