You want to make your website content more relevant, right?
Relevant content is what sets your website apart from your competition. One of the best way to remain relevant in your industry is to write awesome website content or hire a website content writer. The bottom line is that content is what sets your website apart. Writing relevant content sounds easy yet most websites have little of it.
The most important requirement for coming up with relevant content is to try to understand how it will be of help to your visitors. Only once you are sure that what you are creating is helpful should you start creating your website content.
There are several advantages of having relevant website content:
- Better SEO (Search Engine Optimization). More relevant content ranks higher.
- More site visitors. The better search engine results lead to more traffic to your website.
- Greater engagement. Once on your site, relevant content will improve visitor engagement. People will spend more time on your site.
- Increased loyalty. Highly relevant content brings people back.
- Improved conversions. It will help you improve your site’s conversions.
The following will help you create more relevant website content.
Begin with a client persona
Your website content cannot be relevant to everybody. Relevance totally depends on your target audience.
Who is your ideal customer?
Client or buyer persona is important because it outlines the ideal customer. Everything starts with defining your ideal customer.
Your buyer persona should include the following:
It is important that you understand your clients before you can hope to be relevant to them. A client persona should capture the fundamental essence of who is purchasing your product or hires your business.
One of the most important things is to understand your customers’ challenges. Your content has to deal with understanding and resolving customer challenges. Relevance starts with obtaining this kind of knowledge.
Ask questions like:
- Who should read my website content?
- Why would they read my website content?
- How will the content help them?
- What makes my website content better than what is already out there?
Generate a list of keywords
Relevance is always about the visitor. If you want the right visitors to find your website, you have to use the right keywords. Identifying the ideal keywords for your website is a key component SEO.
Consider the words you want your page to be found for. These can be words you feel are significant from your keyword research. Think about your target market and what keywords they would use to find your business.
These are some of the questions you can ask in order to come up with keywords:
- What keywords people use to find what you are selling?
- What keywords are relevant to your target market?
- What keywords best describe your product or service?
- What keywords are related to your product or service?
- What keywords best describe the challenges your customers face?
It is best to focus on long-tail keywords at first. Long-tail keywords that are more specific and attract the most targeted traffic. For example, if you are a web designer, don’t target “web designer”. Instead target a long-tail keyword such as “San Diego web designer” or “web designer in San Diego“. If you try to target “web designer” you won’t be able to rank for a very long time, unless you have unlimited amounts of money available for website marketing. For best results, it is advisable that you opt for long-tail keywords.
Most websites get little or no traffic because they ignore SEO. SEO provides an ideal opportunity for you to use your target keywords throughout your site. Proper and effective optimization involves positioning the right keywords in the right places. Every page on your site should be focusing on a particular keyword. Your homepage should be focusing on the most critical keywords.
The supporting pages on your website should focus on the supporting keywords. You can’t have too many pages focusing on your target keywords.
Here are the ways you can use your keywords:
- Your page title should include the target keyword of the page.
- The H1 header should also include your target keyword.
- The content itself should contain several of the keywords. Don’t over do it. Don’t stuff your content with keywords.
- Use a keyword in the alt tag of images.
When people are searching for something many of them are typing complete sentences not just keywords. So, it is important to also optimize your content accordingly. They might type in a question like “Who is the best web designer in San Diego?”
If your site is effective at focusing on your target keywords, then you increase your chances of ranking high in the search engines. You have to do SEO to be relevant. Your content must be relevant to visitors and search engines.
Place keywords in the right places
Your meta description is a short summary of what a web page is about. It is important because it is what people see when they are looking at search engine results. It is very important to include your target keyword within your meta description. Your meta description should use one or two sentences describing the web page. Make sure that you include your target keyword as close to the start of the meta description as you can.
If your web page is about biotech websites. You can use a meta description like “Biotech website designer focusing on early stage and established biotech company websites and marketing.” Since “biotech website designer” is the target keyword for this page, it makes sense to start the description with the keyword.
What makes a client click on a result? There are a few things:
- Catchy page title – Write an interesting page title.
- Significance of the site URL – Include the target keyword in the URL
- Significance of the meta description. – Significant meta descriptions are those that contain one or more of the keywords that a visitor is looking for.
Compose interesting and eye-catching meta descriptions
Meta descriptions should not only contain a keyword or related words, they should also have an effective style. These meta descriptions are aimed at attracting a web user to your site. If you can utilize the small space in your meta description to address the searcher’s problem, tackle her intent, and attract her interest, you’ve won.
Create a great headline
When a visitor clicks a link from a search engine results page to your webpage, the first thing they come across needs to be relevant. A large headline is one of the ways to show relevance. You should also point out the page’s goal in a couple of keywords. It doesn’t really matter if your page is a blog, an evergreen article page, or even your home page. It is possible to achieve relevance immediately by making a great outline.
There are many ways to create a great headline, here are a few:
- Include numbers – 7 Ways, 5 Tips, or 10 Secrets are examples of frequent number headlines. 50 Signs You’re Ready to Start a Business
- Use powerful words like: Reasons, Ways, Tips, Tricks, Secrets, Ideas, Facts, and more to catch peoples’ attention. 56 Reasons to Start a Business Now
- Use a descriptive headline. How to Use Word of Mouth Marketing to Start a Business
- Include one of the 5Ws – Who, What, When, Where, and Why. Why Most Small Businesses Stay Small
- Talk to people, using the 2nd person. Want to Succeed in Business – Here is What to Do When You Start
- Use strong adjectives and verbs. Content Promotion Techniques to Crush Your Competition
- Ask a question. Do You Have The Personality To Become A Successful Entrepreneur
Solve a problem
In order for your site to be relevant and influence your visitor’s interest it is advisable that you create specific contents that solve problems. Try to find out what conditions or challenges your clients are facing, and solve them. That is what an effective website content marketing strategy does. It evaluates a client’s need and comes up with a solution. The clients’ issues become the focus of your content topics. As your content answers customer questions, you’ll improve your rankings on the SERPs. You will also dominate your niche by making website content that is laser-centered around your target market.
Create better content
The best way to approach this is by looking at what content is ranking the highest for your target keywords. Look at the top three results. Then, think about how you could create content that is better than any of them.
Longer content ranks better in search engines. Remember that you are solving a problem. Therefore, come up with solutions that meet a problem or challenge. The length should not be a problem. Instead of focusing on actual word count focus on the content that is already out there. If the highest ranked article on your topic is 1000 words, make your content 1500 words long. If you want your content to outrank what is already out there, you must make your content much better.
Here is what makes better content:
- Make the word count of your content longer. Word count isn’t everything, but a 4000 word article is normally more valuable than a 500 word article.
- Better research your content.
- Interview experts.
- Include great supporting images.
Latest posts by George Meszaros (see all)
- Learning Tricks from an Online Entrepreneur of 18 Years - January 16, 2017
- How To Bring Order To Chaos In Life and In Business – with David Allen Bestselling Author - January 15, 2017
- Generate Billions In Sales With Simple Ideas – with Stephen Key - January 14, 2017